We are excited to offer continued learning opportunities for our students this summer via programs they are already accustomed to using on their school-issued devices in the classroom. We encourage all families to take advantage of the iReady programs that specifically target reading and math skills; however, there are other programs that are also available for students through Clever. Even an hour or two of continued learning each week can help students prepare for next year and position them for success.
Recommended programs available for K-5. Remember to log in through Clever.
- iReady Reading
- MyON, RazKids & Tumblebooks (digital libraries)
- iReady Math
- Mystery Science
Middle School Programs:
Recommended programs available for 6-8. Remember to log in through Clever.
- Lexia PowerUp (help video coming soon)
Free In-Person Learning Opportunities:
Located at the former Hale Elementary School, 56 Hale Road Painesville Twp. Registration required. Please view the linked flyers for more information.
- Reading and Math Enrichment for grades 1-5
- Math and English Enrichment for grades 6-12
- No cost summer tutoring for English, Math, Science, Social Studies for grades 1-12
The opportunities listed above are for all Mentor Public Schools students. Students who are considered at-risk at the end of this school year will receive access to additional opportunities guided by Mentor Schools teachers. Parents and guardians would receive an invitation for their children to participate in the following intervention programs by the end of May:
- K-5 Cool Cats Summer School (in-person at Lake Elementary)
- 6-8 Reading and Math Intervention (monitored online by Mentor teachers)
- 9-12 Credit Recovery Summer School